Sunday, January 17, 2010

HOT LEMONADE

This is a hot drink that will soothe a bad cough.

Ingredients
4-5 large lemons
2-3 oranges
1 grapefruit
4-5 cups of water (depending on how much juice you get out of the fruits)
1/2 to 1 Cup sugar, depending on your tastes
4-5 mint leaves

Directions
Juice lemons, oranges, and grapefruit into a pan. Add the water. Cut a couple slices of each and add those in too. (The peel is good for you and it makes it look pretty). Add the mint leaves and simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 min. Add sugar. Stir and let cool a little.

My mom used to make this for me when I was sick and I still crave it when I have a sore throat. Now, my kids crave it too when they get sick. Just the smell is absolutely soothing.

Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Servings: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment