Thursday, December 8, 2011

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FEEL DISCOURAGED

The people the LORD has freed will return and enter Jerusalem with joy. Their happiness will last forever. They will have joy and gladness, and all sadness and sorrow will be gone far away. --Isaiah 51:11

This makes you very happy, even though now for a short time different kinds of troubles may make you sad. These troubles come to prove that your faith is pure. This purity of faith is worth more than gold, which can be proved to be pure by fire but will ruin. But the purity of your faith will bring you praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is shown to you. You have not seen Christ, but still you love Him. You cannot see Him now, but you believe in Him. So you are filled with a joy that cannot be explained, a joy full of glory. And you are receiving the goal of your faith the salvation of your souls. --1 Peter 1:6-9

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Brothers and sisters, think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected. --Philippians 4:6-8

LORD, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power. --Psalm 138:7

Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me." --John 14:1

I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don't let your hearts be troubled or afraid. --John 14:27

We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed. --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

So do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has a great reward. You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what he has promised. --Hebrews 10:35-36

God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again. --Philippians 1:6

We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up. --Galatians 6:9

All you who put your hope in the LORD be strong and brave. --Psalm 31:24

The LORD is my light and the one who saves me. I fear no one. The LORD protects my life; I am afraid of no one. Evil people may try to destroy my body. My enemies and those who hate me attack me, but they are overwhelmed and defeated. If an army surrounds me, I will not be afraid. If war breaks out, I will trust the LORD. I ask only one thing from the LORD. This is what I want: Let me live in the LORD's house all my life. Let me see the LORD's beauty and look with my own eyes at his Temple. During danger he will keep me safe in his shelter. He will hide me in his Holy Tent, or he will keep me safe on a high mountain. My head is higher than my enemies around me. I will offer joyful sacrifices in his Holy Tent. I will sing and praise the LORD. LORD, hear me when I call; have mercy and answer me. My heart said of you, "Go worship him." So I come to worship you, LORD. Do not turn away from me. Do not turn your servant away in anger; you have helped me. Do not push me away or leave me alone, God, my Savior. If my father and mother leave me, the LORD will take me in. LORD, teach me your ways, and guide me to do what is right because I have enemies. Do not hand me over to my enemies, because they tell lies about me and say they will hurt me. I truly believe I will to see the LORD's goodness. Wait for the LORD's help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the LORD's help. --Psalm 27:1-14

No comments:

Post a Comment